Monday 12 November 2012

To Kill A MockingBird by Harper Lee

Front Cover

'To Kill A MockingBird' by Harper Lee

A black man charged with raping a white girl is to be defended by Atticus Finch, a white widower lawyer in Alabama. This book tells the story of his two children Scout and Jem. Through their eyes we read a series of events that shook their innocence, teaches them about human nature and shape their life's. We learn about attitudes to race and class in the Deep South of the thirties and how a town showed prejudice, violence and hypocrisy over one man's struggle for justice. 

This is a classic novel and is read and studied in many schools in American, as well as in other countries. I never read this book at school as my English class was seemed not good enough to read classics like this, what a shame! This novel is really good (fantastic!!) and I wish I had had the opportunity to read it years ago. I loved reading the story through the eyes of a child Scout and how she made me see the things she saw and things she felt. There is a lot more going on than just the trial, and Scout tells us all about it. 

Would highly recommend  

No comments:

Post a Comment