Monday 12 November 2012

The Twilight books by Stephenie Meyer

   
 

'Twlight' 'New Moon' 'Eclipse' 'Breaking Dawn' and 'The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner' by Stephenie Meyer

The Twilight stories are about Edward and Bella’s romance and so much more.
Twilight, the first in the series, is the story of two teenagers - Bella, a regular girl, and Edward, a perfect gentleman and a vampire!
New Moon is the continuing story of Bella's unusual life in Forks, Washington. When her vampire boyfriend Edward, suddenly leaves, Bella is heartbroken in a way only a teenager can be, leaving time on her hands to develop a friendship with Jacob, another boy with a strange family background.
Eclipse opens with teenager Bella and her vampire boyfriend Edward reunited after their tortuous parting in New Moon. Bella’s eventual transformation into a bloodsucking immortal is now guaranteed, yet all is not well in the town of Forks. Her best friend, the werewolf Jacob, harbours a generations-old vendetta against vampires in addition to unrequited feelings for Bella herself. To top it all off, a plague of murders in nearby Seattle points to an impending vampire threat.
Breaking Dawn opens up issues which have been gathering over the course of the series. There is a wedding and a horrifying pregnancy, new groups and friendships are formed and of course more fighting. A portion of the novel is told through Jacob’s incredulous eyes.
The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner is the story of Bree Tanner, a character introduced in Eclipse, and the darker side of the newborn vampire world she inhabits.

I have reviewed all these books together - mainly to save time!! I had no plans on reading the twilight books but changed my mind after watching Breaking Dawn part 1. I only watched the first twilight movie early last year - enjoyed it and wanted to watch the next one to see what happens in the story, that's how I ended up watching the other movies, my need to finish the story I was watching. So to my horror after watching Breaking Dawn part 1, I was at a loss - I hate an unfinished story (that's a big problem for me when reading a series - need to read them all, one after another!). So you can imagine when Breaking Dawn finished I was like - NO!!!! I need to know the ending. That's where reading the books came into it. But of course I just couldn't read Breaking Dawn to find out what happens, I needed to read them all in case the story line differed. I read all five books in 3 1/2 weeks - I just couldn't put them down. I had thought that the twilight stories were for teenagers but I actually think that the stories (and films) has the ability to cross age barriers and will satisfy both teenagers and adults alike. By the end of the first book I was thirsting for more - wanting to know more about the Cullen family and the events that was going to happen. I felt like I was right there in Folks with the descriptions that Stephenie Meyer's wrote throughout the books. The romance between Edward and Bella is both touching and compelling - their impossible love. I didn't want these books to end.

We highly recommend them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment