Sunday 14 December 2014

The Fault in our Stars by John Green


'The Fault in our Stars' by John Green

Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

Insightful, bold, irreverent, and raw, The Fault in Our Stars is award-winning author John Green's most ambitious and heartbreaking work yet, brilliantly exploring the funny, thrilling, and tragic business of being alive and in love.


REVIEW

I was recommended this book by a friend. When reading the blurb I really didn't think it was my kind of book but I read some reviews and thought I would give it a go. There has been so much hype about this book, (and now the movie) that I thought I would see what it was all about. This book is a teenager read but I do think it can be for anyone.

The story is about Hazel who is the main character and she has cancer. Her parents wrap her up in cotton wool keeping their lives on hold for years while helping Hazel who has been living with cancer for years. One of the other big characters is Augustus who is a cancer survivor. Together they both face their challenges, helping each other.

The story is well written and had me laughing and crying. It was a good story, the ending didn’t turn out as I thought it would. I know a lot of reviews have said it was a life changing read - it wasn't for me, it was just a good easy read and one that I would recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment