Friday 15 March 2013

If I Stay by Gayle Forman



'If I Stay' by Gayle Forman
 
In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeen-year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she finds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck...
 
'If I Stay' was a mixed bag for me. It was certainly a quick read and I enjoyed reading it, but I wasn't blown away by it as many of my bookclub's members were. I found the overall story of seventeen year old Mia who is severely injured in a car accident that kills her parents and younger brother heartfelt, and yes I did cry in a few places reading about Mia whose body is comatose. We follow Mia's spirit as it watches her friends and family rallying in support of her while recalling moments in her life as she decides whether or not to live or die. As I said I did enjoy overall the story but it wont make my favourite book for this year, and it may even be a book that I will forget that I've read in the future!!! Sorry to all those in my bookclub who loved this book!
 
An OK quick read (for young adults) but not that memorable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment