Thursday 27 February 2014

The Slap by Christos Tsiolkas




'The Slap' by Christos Tsiolkas

At a suburban barbecue one afternoon, a man slaps an unruly boy.

The boy is not his son.

It is a single act of violence, but this one slap reverberates through the lives of everyone who witnesses it happen.

REVIEW

I was really looking forward to reading this book - I thought it sounded really good and would bring up some great discussions within my bookclub. Oh how wrong was I........I only managed to read less than a 1/4 of this book before I had to give up!! The concept itself is really good but the author, Christo Tsiolkas I think side tracked - he forgot about the actually slap of a young child and became obsessed by using constant swearing - crude language and constant sex. All the characters are obnoxious unlikable people - how they even had friends is unknown to me - they are all just horrible.

I just wish I had read some reviews for this book - I would have thrown it in the bin instead of attempting to reading it. Some many people gave it 1 star - sorry I disagree, it's not even worth 1 star; A BIG FAT 0 stars.

This book is a complete and utter waste of time, it takes a lot for me to totally abandon a book but believe me it was worth abandoning!!
WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND.

- Posted using BlogPress

No comments:

Post a Comment