Thursday 27 February 2014

The Giver by Lois Lowry




'The Giver' by Lois Lowry

Jonas's world is perfect. Everything is under control. There is no war or fear of pain. There are no choices. Every person is assigned a role in the community. When Jonas turns 12 he is singled out to receive special training from The Giver. The Giver alone holds the memories of the true pain and pleasure of life. Now, it is time for Jonas to receive the truth. There is no turning back.

REVIEW

I thought I would read this book as it comes out as a movie sometime this year. I didn't really know anything about the book apart from it was a teen book and a quick read. What can I say, it was ok. It is definitely a teen book 14-18year olds but I can see why adults like the concept of it. The ending leaves you hanging with a lot of unanswered questions - maybe they will be answered in the following books in the series, not sure though if I'll read them! I think it will be better as a movie.

An ok read.

- Posted using BlogPress

No comments:

Post a Comment