Sunday 24 November 2013

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon




'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time' by Mark Haddon

A murder mystery novel like no other. The detective, and narrator, is Christopher Boone. Christopher is fifteen and has Asperger's Syndrome. He knows a very great deal about maths and very little about human beings. He loves lists, patterns and the truth. He hates the colours yellow and brown and being touched. He has never gone further than the end of the road on his own, but when he finds a neighbour's dog murdered he sets out on a terrifying journey which will turn his whole world upside down.

REVIEW

This was last months bookblub book. The book is about Christopher, a teenager with Aspergers, who writes a book about his investigation of his neighbours dog being murdered with a garden fork. Throughout the book we also learn about the problems there is with Christopher's family life.

I liked the character Christopher, and how the author shows Christopher's thinking and how he rationales everything he is doing. The beginning of the book was ok, I found the middle a little boring - dragged a bit! And the ending was ok. I did find the story line was broken up a little by Christopher's explanation of the maths and science, yes I do think this information should have been included as it was part of Christopher's logic but I just found it was a little to much for me.

I did find it hard to read to start with and I wouldn't put it in my favourite top 10 but it is worth a read as it doesn't take long!

- Posted using BlogPress

No comments:

Post a Comment