Sunday 24 November 2013

Postmortem by Patricia Cornwell




'Postmortem' by Patricia Cornwell

A serial killer is on the loose in Richmond, Virginia. Three women have died, brutalised and strangled in their own bedroom. There is no pattern: the killer appears to strike at random - but always early on Saturday mornings.

So when Dr Kay Scarpetta, chief medical officer, is awakened at 2.33 am, she knows the news is bad: there is a fourth victim. And she fears now for those that will follow unless she can dig up new forensic evidence to aid the police.

But not everyone is pleased to see a woman in this powerful job. Someone may even want to ruin her career and reputation ...

REVIEW

This was a bookclub book and I have to say I was a little unsure about reading it. I just thought, its a little long and I really wanted a quick easy read (been very busy lately so haven't had much time for reading). I even debated not reading it but I'm glad I did. From the first page I was hooked. I enjoyed the whole story - we see a Medical Examiner at work whilst all around there is murder and mayhem. The only things I did think was that there was a little to much information sometimes but I could see the point to this as Patricia is setting the story line for not only this story but for the ones to follow.

Once you have picked up this book you'll find it difficult to put it down. Would recommend.

- Posted using BlogPress

No comments:

Post a Comment