Wednesday 5 December 2012

the five people you meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom


'the five people you meet in Heaven' by Mitch Albom

The five people you meet in Heaven is a story of the meaning of life and life after death. This story allows us to follow an elderly amusement park maintenance worker named Eddie who, while operating a ride called the 'Free Fall', dies while trying to save a young girl who gets in the way of a falling cart that hurtles to earth. Eddie goes to heaven, where he meets five people who were unexpectedly instrumental in some way in his life. While each guide takes him through heaven, Eddie learns a little bit more about what his time on earth meant, what he was supposed to have learned, and what his true purpose on earth was. Throughout there are dramatic flashbacks where we see scenes from his troubled childhood, his years in the army in the Philippines jungle, and with his first and only love, his wife Marguerite.

This book was recommended to me by my friend Frances who loved it, so I added it onto my book read list - I also passed this recommendation onto my friend Jen who read it before me and loved it. But I didn't!!! I really just couldn't get into it at all - yes I did finish it but it was hard, I kept hoping it would improve as I really wanted to like this book especially as two close friends loved it but I just didn't love/like it at all.

Read Frances and Jen's reviews here.
Frances - http://50percentsuepageturners.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/five-people-you-meet-in-heaven-mitch.html
Jen - http://www.jenthousandwords.com/search/label/books?updated-max=2012-08-31T09:00:00%2B12:00&max-results=20&start=4&by-date=false

So even though I wouldn't recommend - they would!

No comments:

Post a Comment