Friday 3 October 2014

Dear John by Nicolas Sparks




'Dear John' by Nicholas Sparks

An angry rebel, John dropped out of school and enlisted in the Army, not knowing what else to do with his life--until he meets the girl of his dreams, Savannah. Their mutual attraction quickly grows into the kind of love that leaves Savannah waiting for John to finish his tour of duty, and John wanting to settle down with the woman who has captured his heart.

But 9/11 changes everything. John feels it is his duty to re-enlist. And sadly, the long separation finds Savannah falling in love with someone else.

Dear John, the letter read... and with those two words, a heart was broken and two lives were changed forever. Returning home, John must come to grips with the fact that Savannah, now married, is still his true love—and face the hardest decision of his life.

REVIEW

I was slight disappointed by Dear John. As I had enjoyed The Notebook and given it 5stars on good reads, I was looking forward to reading another one of Nicolas Sparks books but I felt it didn't deliver compared to The Notebook. I had expected to fall in love with this story but I found after the first half which I did actually enjoy, I then found myself becoming irritated by Savannah. I enjoyed their love at first sight but was disappointed that she gave up on this love - maybe this was because I'm from a military marriage and yes it's a hard love with the separation but if you truly loved someone you would not give up on it. The story just lost that pulling me in power wanting to read it.

The ending was disappointing. I wanted more! I would still recommend this if you want an easy read with a love story which did give me a little lump in my throat with the story of his dad but not enough to give it 5stars! If I had to give it stars I would probably give it a 2 1/2.

http://whatrebeccasread.blogspot.co.uk

- Posted using BlogPress

No comments:

Post a Comment